Saturday, March 29, 2003

I am Spartacus!: Spartacus (duh)

No, I'm not really Spartacus. But I did watch the movie today. Kirk Douglas was very good, but he has a very disturbing chin. When I think of chiseled old actors, I think I have to prefer Burt Lancaster. But the cut-out scene where Crassus (Sir Laurence Olivier) hits on Antoninus (Tony Curtis) by asking whether he likes to eat oysters, snails or both was put back in, which made me happy. Apparently (I learned from reading the production notes) they had to re-dub that scene, and while Curtis is still alive, Olivier was not, so they had Sir Anthony Hopkins read his part. And there's your fascinating but random movie fact for the day. I liked the movie until the ending, which was predictably depressing. Blah.

No comments:

CBR14 #1 - Revenge Body by Rachel Wiley

Cannonball Read #14. Hope springs eternal, I guess.  I have to say that Rachel Wiley is probably my favorite living poet. I've been a fa...