Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cannonball Read Update: April 5K

So this month I'm taking part in a mini-competition as part of the Cannonball Read process. They're calling it April 5K: The Crabby Smorgasbook and it's pretty simple. Combatants have to read one book from five specific genres in the space of two weeks (and blog about them, of course.) Here's my list:

1. Fiction: Third Girl by Agatha Christie
2. Non-Fiction: Under a Flaming Sky: The Great Hinckley Firestorm of 1894
3. Fantasy/Sci-Fi: Arena (Magic: The Gathering) by William R. Forstchen
4. Biography: American Soundrel: The Life of the Notorious Civil War General Dan Sickles
5. Romance: The Captive by Victoria Holt

I started Third Girl today, and hopefully will be able to finish and blog on that tomorrow. The competition ends on 4/29. I think I should be able to get through them all, though the biography is a bit hefty. I'm not entirely sure about Arena, but since I am not really into fantasy/sci-fi, I had to borrow from The Boyfriend and that was the only one he had that wasn't like 1200 pages (I'm a fast reader, but I'm not THAT fast.)

We'll see how it goes...wish me luck!
(The prize for winning the 5K, by the way, is having the opportunity to choose the them for the next one, which would be pretty damn sweet.)

No comments:

CBR14 #1 - Revenge Body by Rachel Wiley

Cannonball Read #14. Hope springs eternal, I guess.  I have to say that Rachel Wiley is probably my favorite living poet. I've been a fa...